In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care. We will update this page frequently, and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
- Feline Behavior Guidelines From the American Association of Feline Practitioners
- Alternatives to Declawing Feline declawing is an elective and ethically controversial procedure.
- Heartworm Society Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Association of Pet Loss and Bereavement We have all experienced the pain of losing a pet. The Association of Pet Loss and Bereavement has set up this site for support during this most difficult time. You will find inspirational stories, grief counseling resources, hotline number and many other resources.
- National Animal Poison Control Center This is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
- Toxic & Non-Toxic Plant List for Cats - ASPCA A lot of information about toxic plants can be found here. You can search under common name or scientific name of the plant.
- The Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA) The Cat Fanciers' Association website has lots of pictures, as well as information on cat breeds, cat care, upcoming cat shows, and much more.
- Veterinary Schools in the US This is a great link to all of the websites of veterinary schools in the United States.
- Advantage Flea Control This site is sponsored by Bayer Animal Health, the makers of Advantage flea control for cats. It is loaded with information about fleas and flea control.
- Rainbow Bridge Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members
- West Nile Virus This site is maintained by the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, and has the latest information on the spread of West Nile Virus in the US, as well as information on disease transmission, symptoms, etc.
- American Veterinary Medical Association This site is a good starting point to learn more about a variety of topics, including feline injection-site sarcomas and the latest subjects in veterinary medicine
- American Association of Feline Practitioners The AAFP is like the American Medical Association for cat doctors, and has lots of good information regarding feline health
- Veterinary Information Network VIN is the world's first and largest online veterinary community
- Feline Communication: How to Speak Cat Have you ever wished that you could understand what your cat was trying say?